Contracts Administrator – Sydney
About the opportunity
Hickory is Australia’s most innovative construction company, at the forefront of new technology and driving Australia’s multi-unit, high-rise residential evolution. Established in 1991, we’ve grown from a small family business into a nationwide group, with over 600 employees including construction, structures, facades, manufacturing, fit out and crane logistics specialists.
We are currently tendering for a pipeline of work in Sydney, NSW and are seeking an experienced Contracts Administrator for our project delivery team. This will be a senior role, reporting directly to the Project Manager.
You will assist with review and management of contracts and act as the liaison between the Project Manager, subcontractors and clients to achieve the objectives set out for the project.
We are looking for people that have worked for established medium or top tier construction contractors, delivering projects in excess of $20 million. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals seeking to expand their professional experience but who don’t see career progression with their current employer.
Unlike many firms of our size, Hickory pride ourselves on rewarding motivated, talented individuals by helping them fast-track their careers and step into senior leadership roles. Despite significant growth we remain focussed on retaining an inclusive, family culture. Hickory employees have direct access to company directors, who are personally involved in the professional development of each member of the team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Building and Construction OR Tafe Diploma in Building OR Trade background
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with document control
- Track record in the Construction industry with demonstrated ability to read plans
- Experience with quantity surveying or estimating
- Understanding of contracts and of fundamental legal issues around contracts
- Knowledge of tender processes
- Financial understanding and knowledge of construction costs
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to operate independently and use of initiative
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Cheops and Aconex software
Benefits and culture
Respect, camaraderie, ingenuity and empowerment are the foundations of Hickory’s philosophy. We pride ourselves on fostering an inclusive, encouraging and innovative culture, where the combined strengths of talented individuals produce exceptional results.
Working with Hickory you will:
- Receive recognition and reward with an attractive salary package
- Work on iconic, architecturally unique projects
- Discover excellent career progression opportunities in a growing and dynamic company
- Gain experience and exposure to the industry’s most progressive construction systems
How to register your interest:
If you would like to express your interest in working for Hickory, please send a cover letter and CV with the subject line Sydney Contracts Administrator EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the form below to apply.
*Please note that only candidates with valid work rights and who match the selection criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
If you are proactive, positive and want the chance to take your career to the next level, fill out the form below and attach your CV.
20 April 2017
Project Manager - Melbourne
Hickory is searching for an experienced Project Manager for a major high-rise residential development.Apply Now